Today this wonder and rare veggie caught my eye in that store!! How many ever times i try to say this veggie name right, i end up pronouncing it wrong. This is quite a Tongue Twister to me. Does this happen to you? Yes, Yes I am talking about Aspagarus... no no (see I did it again ) Asparagus. :-) Okay now say this 'Asparagus' 10 times... Done!! If you did it right, sorry no prizes for you, But it is sure a exercise for your mind. Okay, enough play with my favorite veggie, now Let's see the Indian Twist I gave to this Tongue Twister veggie.
Actually I have been missing this vegetable for quite some time in India. But Today I jumped up when i see this vegetable at Namdhari's in Bangalore. I used to cook this with milk a lot for kids ( in Dallas), as it is so tender the curry will be done in 15 minutes. It is Quick and Easy for Mommy and Soft and Creamy for Kids. But i like it most when it is Grilled with light sprinkle of salt and olive oil. But these days, I am in the mood of chutneys, I thought How about Asparagus Chutney? That is it, with that thought, this recipe is innovated in my kitchen. Here is the recipe for you, Enjoy! :-)
Asparagus - 1 small stalk
Garlic - 5 to 6 cloves
Green Chili - 4
Tamarind - 1 Tbsp ( or one marble ball size)
Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
salt - 2 tsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
and Ingredients for Taalimpu
- Trim the Asparagus stalk at the end, and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the Pan, and add the Oil. Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds, followed by the garlic.
- Add the Green Chili, and Asparagus pieces. Give it a quick stir and add the tamarind.
- Close the Lid and cook it on slow for 5 min or until Asparagus becomes tender.
- Let it cool for few minutes and Grind it along with salt, until smooth and Top with Taalimpu ( Indian Tempering)...
Your Twisted Asparagus Chutney is ready now, Don't wait and eat this with that Hot white Rice and enjoy all the flavors and spices in this Chutney. :-)
I have linked this recipe to following events
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Take Care until we meet here again...