Today I am featuring a recipe that is very simple and quick to make, protein rich and loaded with one iron rich vegetable, Broccoli. When I migrated to states, Broccoli is one in the list of vegetables that amused me, and used to think how can humans eat this thing? After some time, I have tried it unknowingly in most of the Chinese fried rice and stir-frys and developed interest towards it. After pregnancy and deliveries knowing about the high iron content and nutrition values in this tree looking like vegetable experimented several recipes with it. And no need to say I am addicted to this vegetable now.. :-). Here is the recipe, Enjoy!
|Broccoli Boiled Egg Stir Fry|
Boiled Eggs - 4
Broccoli Florets - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium
Green Chili - 2
Salt - 1 tsp
Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
clove - 1
cinnamon - 1
cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala - 1 Tbsp
- Heat the Oil in the non-stick pan. add clove, cinnamon, cumin seeds. fry for 1 min.
- Add chopped Green chili, onions to the pan. Once the onions becomes translucent, add salt and black pepper.
- Mean while, wash the broccoli and microwave it on high for 1 min. Add this Broccoli to the pan. saute for 2 to 3 min. (until Broccoli becomes little soft but not mushy).
- Half the Boiled Eggs and add them to the pan facing yellow side down. After 2 min turn them.
- Now add the Garam Masala Powder, mix it gently with out breaking the eggs and switch off the stove.
Serve this stir-fry with Steamed Rice or White Rice.
- Check out here how to make Soft Boiled Eggs.
- You can find my Garam Masala recipe here, if you don't have time to make this, simply grind 2 Tbsp grated coconut and 1 tsp store-bought garam masala.
- Always keep the heat high for your stir-frys.
- chop onions into long thin slices to pair the eggs.
Take care and will be back with one more new recipe