Some times we don't notice the flavor of small things in some dishes, and when we don't have that handy and then only we realize how much the taste varies with out it. Herbs and Spices are two things that come under this category. Spring Onion is like that in my kitchen, I do use lot of cilantro but not that much spring onions. But when i do buy it I make sure to make some chineese dish like Manchuria or Fried Rice because that adds a tremendous flavor to those dishes.
|Scrambled Eggs w/ Spring Onions|
Eggs - 4
Onion - 1 medium
green chili - 1 medium
sping onions - 1 cup (chopped)
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
curry powder - 2 tsp
salt - 1 tsp
black pepper - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Heat the oil in non-stick pan.
- Add cumin seeds, once they splutter, add chooped green chili, followed by chopped onions.
- Let the onions cook until they become translucent. then add salt, black pepper. Close the lid and let it cook for 2 min.
- Break the Eggs and whisk them and make it ready.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and keep stirring on high; until all the egg gets cooked and scrambled.
- Add curry Powder and mix very well. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Now add the chopped spiring onions to the pan. mix it well. Keep the flame on low and cook for 2 more min.
- Switch off the stove now and Enjoy the Herbed Scrambled Eggs with Crossiant for Breakfast.
- If you don't have curry powder, add the mix of 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp of Cumin seed powder.
- This goes very well with Roti or Rice, but my favorite is when served with croissant as a savory breakfast sandwich.
Take care until we meet here again..