Summer vacation for kids means we have to be handy with some kid friendly recipes for their afternoon snacks. Today I made these cabbage and mint rolls and my kids absolutely loved these. Here is the recipe, Enjoy!
|Cabbage Mint Rolls|
Cabbage - 3/4 cup ( Shredded)
Mint - 2 Tbsp
Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 1/4 cup
salt - 1 tsp
black pepper - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
chat masala - 1/2 tsp
Bread Slices - 10 ( white)
Oil - for deep frying
All Purpose Flour - 1 Tbsp
Water - 1 Tbsp
- Mix Shredded Cabbage, Chopped Mint leaves, and Crumbled paneer in a bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper, coriander powder, chat masala to cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Add water to All purpose flour and make a paste.
- Trim the bread slices and place one spoonful of mixture on the bread (in a corner) and roll it diagonally. and apply the sealing paste in the edges and close it tight.
- Repeat these steps for all the bread slices. and set aside.
- Deep fry these rolls in the oil until they turn into golden brown color.
Serve with Chili Garlic sauce (for kids I served with ketchup) and Enjoy!
- I have used Brown Bread for first batch and they didn't come out good. Use the white bread for this recipe, as it will be little moist compare to Brown or Multi grain breads.
- If your white bread is not moist, sprinkle some water drops on the bread and roll it with rolling pin gently. (before putting the stuffing)
- You can add some more veggie like Shredded Carrot or Cauliflowers in this recipe. then adjust your cabbage measurement accordingly.
Take care and Enjoy the Long Weekend!