Apr 10, 2015
SatyaNarayana Vrata Podi Prasadam ~ Prasadam Recipes
Last weekend we have performed SatayNarayana Vrata at home, then I was in search of making Podi Prasadam recipe for this pooja ! This is typical prasadam offering at this SatayaNaraya Vrata Pooja! The recipe is very simple, but the ingredients and measures are critical. This can be made quickly right before the Pooja start. Here is the recipe, Njoy!
|SatyaNarayan Vrata Podi Prasadam|
Sooji Rava - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 Tbsp
Nuts - Almonds and Cashew - 1/3 cup
Raisins - 2 Tbsp
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
Banana - 1 (optional)
Coconut - 10 small pieces (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Ghee in non-stick pan and fry the nuts and raisins, once they turn golden color, transfer them to a plate.
- In the same pan add 1 Tbsp of Ghee, then add 1 cup of Sooji Rava. Fry until it turns into slightly golden color (about 2 min, not more than that). Add cardamom powder. Switch off the stove.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to the pan (while it is on the stove), for that slight heat the sugar mixes with rava properly. Add fried nuts and raisins to the pan and mix it well.
- Transfer this to the plate and keep it at the Pooja place. At the time of Naivedyam offer this prasadam to God. Once Pooja is done, distribute prsadam to all the guests.
- You can alternatively make this with Wheat Rava instead Sooji Rava!
- If you are adding banana and coconut, add chopped banana and coconut pieces right before you offer this to God.
- I don't prefer adding banana as the prasadam won't last long. If you make this prasdam in large quantities, then add banana to small quantity and give prasadam right away. Remaining podi prasdam will last long so you can distribute to others or store in fridge.
- If you want small quantity and adjust the measures to half in this recipe. The given measures here served 30 guests at my pooja (just for prasadam served in small quantities)!
take care until we meet here again!