Feb 16, 2015
Cauliflower Biryani ~ Biryani Recipes
I am not sure how I got love for this cruciferous vegetable Cauliflower, but the love for this vegetable is growing for sure. I think it is because it is so easy to cook this vegetable and you can twist this vegetable in several ways. I have tried several unique varieties with this wonder veggie, You can check all other Cauliflower Exotic Dishes here and I am not stopping there. Today I have tried Biryani out of it and it is marvelous, yummy and delicious. If you have some one that can't take this vegetable as it's own this is better way to sneak it in and turn into Biryani, Who says NO to Biryani any way! You got the point right. Here is the recipe, Njoy!
Basmati Rice - 2 cups ( uncooked)
Onion - 1/2 medium
Green Chili - 2
Tomato - 1
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Ghee - 1 Tbsp ( or butter)
Cinnamon - 2
Clove - 2
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Biryani Masala - 1 Tbsp ( I have used Shan Brand)
Salt - 1 tsp
Water - 4 cups
Cauliflower Florets - 1 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
salt - 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Wash basmati rice and Drain in a colander, keep it aside in Colander.
- Wash Cauliflower florets in lukewarm water.
- Mix all the ingredients under marinade section in a small bowl. Coat cauliflowers with this yogurt spice mixture and set aside for 30 min.
- Chop green chilies, onions and tomatoes in length wise into thin slices.
- Heat the non-stick pan and add Oil and Ghee. Once it is hot, add cumin seeds, Cinnamon Stick, Clove.
- Add chopped onion and green chili slices. Saute them for 2 min, then add Ginger & Garlic paste. Saute until the oil separates from onion mixture. Add tomato slices and mix it well. Give it a stir and cook for 2 min.
- Now add drained basmati rice to the pan and mix it with onions and spices. Add salt, Biryani Masala to the pan and coat the rice well with masala spices.
- Finally add Cauliflower Marinade to the pan and fold it in gently so that cauliflowers are spread with rice nicely.
- Now add 4 cups of water to the pan. Taste and adjust any seasonings and close the lid and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat until rice is cooked.
- After 20 min, check the rice consistency, if it is cooked properly, switch off the heat and leave it on the stove for 10 min.
Cauliflower Biryani is Ready now, fluff it up with fork and don't mix with spatula that might mush up the Cauliflowers. Transfer to Serving Bowl and serve it warm along with Cool Raita on the side.
|Doesn't it look Delicious!|
will be back with another twisted rice recipe
take care until then!