This is a simple yet delicious and spicy masala rice, prepared with left over rice and paired with Bella Mushrooms, Spinach and some Bell Peppers. This is another alternative for your lunch box to break the routine of daily fried rice. I have tried it in Lunchbox and served to my sis when unplanned dinner happened at my place, she diffidently got convinced that this is keeper recipe, then what about you?? Here is the recipe...and let me know.. :-)
|Mushroom Masala Rice|
Cooked Rice - 2 cups
Bella Mushrooms - 7
Baby Spinach - 1 cup
Red Bell Pepper - 1
Onion - 1 small
green chili - 2
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Dry Red Chili - 1
salt - 2 tsp
black pepper - 1/4 tsp
Shahi Biryani Masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Mint - 1 Tbsp (optional)
- Heat the oil in non-stick pan. Once the oil is hot, add the crushed dry red chili and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions, green chili. saute them for 2 to 3min.
- Add chopped Mushroom and Spinach. Saute for 2 min ( or until mushroom soften little bit and spinach leaves wilt). Add thinly sliced red bell pepper. Add 1 tsp salt and black pepper.
- Stir-fry on high for 2 min. Now add the rice to the pan. mix it well with all the vegetables. Add remaining salt. Add Shahi Biryani masala and mix it thoroughly until the spice simmer into rice. (roughly about 5 min)
- Top with some Mint or coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
Serve hot with some Cucumber Raita on the side. Pack it in your lunch box along with some boiled egg or cucumber slices.
Fore more lunch box ideas Join Yum!Yum!Yum! at Facebook.
Meet you here again with one more new recipe..
until then take care