Nov 15, 2012
Paneer Capsicum Subji / Cottage Cheese Bell Pepper Curry
This is an easy-peasy effortless but exotic Paneer curry, and for sure is a savior when those unexpected guests arrive for dinner. In this curry, the onion and tomato mixture is simmered with spices until it becomes gravy and then lightly sautéed Paneer and smoky bell pepper bathed in the gravy, which creates a soft and spicy fusion in your mouth. Sounds Yummm already! This recipe calls for a few and basic ingredients and can be easily made under 30 minutes. As this is not very spicy pairs well with roti or paratha and will be a perfect pack for your potluck gatherings. Here is the recipe, Njoy!Paneer - 1 block ( or cubed 1 Cup)
|Paneer Capsicum Subji|
Bell pepper (or capsicum) - 2 medium
Onion - 1 medium
green chili - 2
Tomato - 4 ( cluster or non-hybrid)
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
salt - 1 tsp
black pepper - 1/2 tsp
curry powder - 2 tsp
cilantro - 2 Tbsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Olive Oil - 2tsp
Cilantro - 1 Tbsp ( for garnish)
- Chop the Paneer into small cubes, heat 1 tsp olive oil in the non-stick pan and saute the Panner cubes for 2 min on high ( until all the sides become crisp and golden). Turn off the heat and Keep it aside.
- Remove the stem and seeds in the Bell Pepper and chop into medium size pieces (same size as Paneer). In the same non-stick pan, saute the bell pepper pieces on high. You will notice the edges becoming slightly black then turn off. This gives a nice smoky flavor to the curry which makes it unique.
- Heat the Oil in the non-stick pan. Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds. once they start spluttering, add the chopped onions and green chili to the pan. ( saute for 2 min).
- Add the ginger garlic paste and mix it well with onions, saute until the oil separates from onions. Now add chopped tomato to the pan. Close the lid and let it simmer( for 4 to 5 min)
- You will notice the gravy coming together, then add salt, red chili powder, curry powder. Mix the spices into the curry, keep the heat on high and keep stirring.
- Now add the sauted Panner and Bell Pepper slices to the pan and coat well with gravy. Now add black pepper and give it a stir.
- Turn off the heat, Top with chopped cilantro and now call this colorful curry is done!
Black Pepper enhances the flavor of Bell Pepper, make sure you add black pepper after adding Bell Pepper in your curries. This is the tip I have learnt from Vah Chef! and I have noticed it adds very unique flavor and quite a kick to your curry. So give it a try and let me know your opinion!
will be back with one more interesting dish...
until then take care