Feb 24, 2011
Fruit Tea Bread (Quick 'n' Easy)
When I ever i used to see the recipes for Tea Breads and Coffee Cakes, I used to think that it would be made of Tea or Coffee. And I came to know that they are good accompanier for Tea or Coffee and hence the names Tea Bread and Coffee Cake. It sounded funny, Just sharing with you if someone are like me. ;-)
|Fruit Tea Bread|
Now I know Tea Bread is not made with Tea. Here is the recipe for you and enjoy!
Source: Four Ingredient Cookbook
Luxury Mixed Dried Fruit - 2 cups
Boiling Water - 2/3 cup
Raw Sugar - 1/3 cup and 1 Tbsp
Egg - 1
Self Rising Flour 1 1/2 cup
How to Make It:
1. Put the Fruit In a bow. Add 2/3 cup of boiling water and let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Beat 1/3 cup of sugar and egg into the fruit
3. Sift the flour into the bowl and mix well until combined.
4. Grease the 1 lb loaf pan, and turn the bread batter into loaf pan
5. Level evenly and sprinkle the 1 tbsp sugar on top.
6. Bake the Bread at 350F in the oven for 50 minutes
7. Once it is done take it out and let it stand for 10 min on wire rack or until cook
8. Then slice it and serve it with hot chai or coffee in the afternoon.
9. Store it in the airtight container and it last for 1 week.
- I have used Tropical Fruit ( Papaya, Apricot, Pineapple, Berry Mix, Banana) to get beautiful colors
- This is very good snack for kids
- Most of the sugar content is from fruits and the sugar is we used also RAW, it is healthy compared any other sweets.
I am sending this to Only Bread Event at Foodelicious.
I am also sending this Dish Name Starts with F event at Akila's Kitchen.
I am also sending this to Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday event.
I am also sending this to Sweets for Saturday by Lisa.
Take care Until Next Time