Sep 22, 2013
Chicken Majestic ( Andhra Style )
Chicken Majestic recipe is made with long thin chicken strips that are very well marinated with yogurt and spices then shallow fried and coated with spices to make it super spicy starter.
|Chicken Majestic in Andhra Style|
Adapted from: Edible Garden
Chicken - 1/2 lb ( 250 g) ( Boneless cut into long thin strips)
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
salt - 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour (APF) - 1 Tbsp
Corn Flour - 1 Tbsp
Egg - 1
Oil - to Shallow Fry ( 1/4 cup)
Curry Leaves - 10
Onion - 1/2 medium
Garlic - 2 cloves ( minced)
Green Chili - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Red Chili Powdedr - 1 tsp
salt - 1 tsp
coriander leaves - 1 tsp
soy sauce - 1 Tbsp
yogurt - 1/4 cup
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Lime Juice - 1 tsp
- Take a medium bowl and mix yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt and red chili powder. Coat chicken with this mixture and marinate overnight in the fridge. ( or at least 4 hours)
- To this marinate chicken add APF, Corn Flour and Egg. Mix well until the chicken is coated with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in the non-stick pan and shallow fry the chicken pieces until they get browned and keep them aside in the plate.
- In the same pan ( you will still have some oil) fry the curry leaves and set aside
- In the same pan, add chopped onion, green chili, coriander and minced garlic. Once the onions are sauteed, add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. mix well spices and onions.
- Add yogurt to the mixture and let it simmer. then add soy sauce and give a quick stir. Now add fried chicken pieces to the pan and combine well with spice sauce. Chicken gets coated with spices and becomes dry. Now add garam masala powder on top of chicken and give a gentle stir.
- Switch off the stove and transfer Chicken into wide plate add a squeeze of lime juice. Arrange the chicken strips as layers and top with curry leaves, lime wedges and onion rings.
Ta Daaaaa, Delicious Spicy Andhra Style Starter Chicken Majestic is ready now....!
|Take a Close Peek.. Tongue Tickling yet....!|
If you excuse me now I can celebrate the joy of my 300th post by serving this recipe.
Hope you have enjoyed this Spicy Starter variation,
Come back and witness another new recipe with me,
until then signing off and Good Night!