Nov 15, 2013
Saggubiyyam (Sago) Cutlet
Saggubiyyam (Tapioca Pearls) - 1/2 cup
Potato - 2 medium
Sooji Rava - 1 Tbsp
Green Chili - 1
Ginger - 1 tsp
Cilantro - 1 Tbsp
Mint - 1 Tbsp ( Optional)
Chat Masala - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Lime Juice - 1 Tbsp ( or 1 Lime)
Cashew Nuts - 5 to 6
Oil - 1/3 cup for frying on Tawa
- Soak Saggubiyam for at least 4 hours ( Overnight Soaking is even better). Boil 3 cups of water and add the soaked Sago to the boiling water and keep it on high for 2 min and switch off the stove and drain the Saggubiyyam and keep them aside. ( you will get nice transparent pearls)
- Boil the potatoes in microwave or in pressure cooker until they become soft. Remove the peel and Mash them in a medium bowl, add chopped green chili, ginger, cilantro, mint leaves and mix well with potatoes. Add sooji rava, salt, coriander powder, chat masala and finely chopped cashew nuts. Add boiled Sabudana and mix it very well. Finally add the lime juice and mix it very well. Cover it with a cloth and let it sit for 10 to 15 min for all the flavors to be sinked in.
- After 10 min, make balls out of this mixture and press them in your palm.( or use any cookie cutter for fun shapes).
- Heat the non stick pan and 1 Tbsp of oil to it spread over the pan. Once the pan is hot, add cutlets to the pan and cook them until they are roasted on each side ( for 2 to 3 min on each side). Repeat the same procedure until you are done cooking all the cutlets. ( for every new batch on the Pan you have to add 1 tbsp of Oil)
- Arrange them in a platter and serve with Ketch up on Tamarind Chutney.
Serve with Masala Chai to double the flavor of these Sago Cutlets.
enjoy these cutlets until we meet here again