Jun 9, 2015
Thai Style Veg and Tofu Stir-Fry ( with Red Curry Paste)
When ever we have to go out to eat where to go is always dilemna! Vj always wants Italian, I always pick Mexican, but we both agree on Thai as it is spicy carb food and satiates our Indian taste buds and tummy. These days when Kids are here and growing up, we end up mostly in their favorite fast-food places, where I can't even find any veggie items on the menu. So Mostly we let kids eat there and come home and I quickly whip up these Spicy Thai Style veggies and serve along with some hot white rice that makes Friday Dinner super satisfying, and a movie after that until late night with hubby, Life is Good! Here is the recipe, Njoy!
Tofu Cubes - 1/2 cup
Carrot - 1/2 cup ( cut them in length wise to get like match sticks)
Red Bell Pepper - 1/2 ( cut them in long thin slices)
Beans - 1/3 cup ( Chop them diagonally to match the site of other veggies)
Broccoli - 1/2 cup (chop them into small florets)
Baby Corn - 1/2 cup ( slice them diagonally)
Green Chili - 2
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Thai Basil Leaves - 5
Spring Onions - for garnish ( optional)
Thai Red Curry Paste - 2 Tbsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Water - 2 Tbsp
- Take 1 tsp of oil in non-stick pan and sautee tofu cubes until all sides are slightly roasted; that makes the tofu little firm outside as well helps in retaining it's shape.
- Take 1 cup of water and boil the water. add carrot and beans to this boiling water and cook for 3 to 5 min, until the vegetables becomes slightly tender. Take the water pot off the stove and then add Broccoli at the end. leave there for 2 min. Drain the water and keep the vegetables aside.
- Heat the non-stick pan and sauté Bell Pepper and Baby Corn slices for 2 min.
- First heat the non-stick pan and add 1 Tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot, add soy sauce, vinegar to it. mix it well. now add Thai Red Curry Paste to the pan. Add water so that it will get sauce consistency. Add sugar to it and taste and adjust any seasonings as needed.
- Now add the semi cooked vegetables Carrot, Beans, Broccoli, Red Bell Pepper, Baby Corn and coat them well with the sauce. Add Tofu cubes and stir fry it on high gently with out the Tofu breaking and vegetables mushed up.
- Add fresh Thai Basil leaves on top and switch off the stove and transfer to serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onion.
- Serve hot with White Jasmine Rice or Sticky Rice.
Will be back with another international recipe
take care until then!