May 3, 2016
Corn Cheese Chicken (CCC) Quesadillas
My son Abhi used to have a 'Magic Can' concept, in his day care, (when he was a pre-schooler and 2 years ago), where every kid will be given a Can and One Alphabet Letter for one week. So the kid has to think of anything that starts with that Letter, and need to drop a picture or toy or photo or words that starts with that letter. My son used to love that game, when ever his turn comes, he will get into my kitchen and starts exploring for those words, and surprisingly he used to get most of the items from my kitchen and pantry (fruits, vegetables, staples) etc. As we are in India now, recollecting these memories and trying to play such games with my little one (Anvi, who is a preschooler now).
|Corn Cheese Chicken Quessedillas|
'C' for Corn
'C' for Cheese
'C' for Chicken
'C' for Cassedilla also 'Mommy!!!'.
I couldn't laugh better and felt happy, as she is trying to use that basic 'C says Ca' technique for the words. Of course, then my Son, keeps correcting her... (My son always come to rescue !!). That's why It is always fun for me to cook with my kids in the kitchen at least once a week (or only once a week, Beyond that it would be impossible to manage them. :-)) ).
Note: If you are a mom for pre-schoolers, Leap Frog's Letter Factory helped both of my kids a lot to learn their Alphabets, Phonic Sounds, and pronunciation. Of course, I have learned the correct phonic sounds too while teaching to my kids.
if you don't want your Tot to leave at the Tube while you are busy in the kitchen, these Fridge Phonics comes to rescue. If you are thinking about the Christmas Gifts, Hint, Hint!!! :-)
Here is the recipe for you and Enjoy!
Multi Grain Tortilla - 2
Corn - 1/2 cup ( have used frozen and thawed)
Chicken - 1/2 cup ( cooked)
Taco Cheese - 1/2 cup ( or four cheese Mexican style)
salt - 1 tsp
black pepper - 1 tsp
cilantro - 2 tbsp
- Heat one Tortilla on non stick pan on low heat.
- Layer with half of the cheese. and then Layer the Corn on the tortilla.
- Mince the cooked chicken and layer on top of corn on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle Salt, Black Pepper and Cilantro.
- Layer the remaining cheese on top.
- Top with another tortilla, and press hard and evenly on all sides with spatula.
- After 2 min, turn it to other side and cook for 1 min.
Now remove from the heat, cut into triangles and serve the protein packed Corn Cheese Chicken Quesedillas to your kids while they learn the letter 'C'.
Oh! look at that melted cheese, Yummm!Tips:
- I have used chicken breast to cook the chicken, marinate the chicken with salt and pepper for 5 to 10 mins. and saute it on the non stick pan with 1 tsp oil, until it gets cooked on all sides. usually it takes 5 to 10 mins.
- I cook this chicken will store in the fridge for 2 days. And this will be handy, for chicken noodles and chicken fried rice items for kids.
Happy Cooking with Kiddos