Dec 30, 2016
Baked Zucchini Sticks
This is another easy and healthy recipe that you can make with Zucchini, this will be a perfect starter on your family dinner table or can be a appealing appetizer for your potlucks or will be crowd pleaser at your game party nights. I like Zucchini because it is 1)very tender and cooks fast 2) healthy squash 3) it bends when you twist it in several ways. I have a ton of Zucchini Recipes, from zucchini fry to pancakes, piled up in my space, do check them all when you have time, but for now I will leave you with this simple Zucchini Sticks recipe which is not deep fried but baked, makes it very healthy and low calorie appetizer for your parties. here is the recipe, Njoy!
Zucchini - 3 medium
Bread Crumbs - 1/2 cup ( I have used Panko brand)
Parmesan Cheese - 1/4 cup
Egg - 1
Salt - 1 tsp
Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Oregano - 1 tsp
- Trim edges of Zucchini and cut them into 2 inch long stick (these should be of same consistency)
- Beat egg in a small bowl, whisk it well with salt and pepper and keep it aside.
- Mix Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese and Oregano in a medium bowl.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 425 F.
- Line aluminum foil in a wide baking pan (baking cookie sheet or tray that doesn't have any sides is best)
- Transfer bread crumb mix to a ziplock.
- Dip Zucchini sticks in egg mixture and coat them well.
- Transfer zucchini stick to zip lock and shake it well until zucchini sticks are fully coated with bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange coated Zucchini sticks on the baking sheet with skin side down.
- Bake these for 20 to 25 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- Once these are baked transfer them to platter and server warm with Spicy Ketchup or Marinara Sauce on the side.
|Chop Zucchini into same size sticks|
|Keep all Ingredient at one place|
|Arrange coated Zucchini sticks on Baking Sheet|
|Aren't these Zucchini sticks calling you? ;-)|
Will be back with another easy and healthy appetizer recipe,
Take care until then!