Feb 12, 2011
Express Love with these Sugar (spritz) Cookies
As the Valentine's Day is approaching, I have realized that I have signed up for Sugar Cookies in Abhi's school for V-day party. It is good to have kids, at least they remind some events like these to mommy and daddy in case if they forget. ;-). And also this gives me an opportunity to use my cheap indulgences that I owned from my 'early morning grocery trip'.
The minute i think about Sugar cookies there is only one recipe comes to my mind which has been shared by my supervisor's wife a few years ago. She made these cookies for St Patrick's day and I loved them because of their miniature size and taste ( they are not so sweet). She said she uses the same recipe for Vday cookies also, expect she uses small heart shape and said these are called Spritz cookies.
Her name is Monica McClellan and today she is recovering from her 10 weeks early delivery and praying for her little son's recovery. I am praying for her little son's recovery and dedicating these cookies to her today, wishing her lots of love, health and joy.
Wishing Monica lot of recovery, health and joy of her son's return to home.
Source: Monica McClellan's Kitchen
Butter ( unsalted) - 1 1/2 cup ( 3 sticks)
Sugar - 1 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1
baking powder - 1 tsp
All purpose Flour - 4 cups
Why not express the love with Cookies? Naa, I am trying all my cute cookie cutter shapes ;-)
1. Place the butter in a medium bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 min.
2. Add the egg and sugar to clarified butter and beat on low until egg dissolves
3. Add the vanilla extract and baking powder, mix it well
4. Add the swifted flour to this mixture slowly and mixing and kneading well
5. If you have spritz cookie press you can use the heart shape to make shapes on cookie sheet
6. Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes. Watch closely from 8 min, as they can get burnt easily.
As I don't have the cookie press I have used my cute little cookie cutters to make the shapes and baked them. Look at all these cute heart shapes.
Look at these cutesie cookies.
Tough i have liked all those miniature cookies, but my kids are in love with these strawberry shaped cookies. and decorated them with colored sugar. Of course who won't jump up when Strawberries become cookies. ;-)
What a fun, when Strawberries becomes cookies?
Today it is snowing outside, what a perfect weahter to make these cookies that melts in mouth in a moment, by the time hubby comes home. (yes, yes one more WFH day ;-) )
Saved some cookies for my love ;-)
- I have added very light red color (to get the pink color) in half the mixture. In other half I have baked as it is so that the kids color and decorate them.
I am sending this entry to Best Western Desserts event at Now Serving.
Happy Cooking until next time.