Aug 11, 2012
French Toast w/ Italian Baguette
These days French Toast became kid's favorite breakfast in our home. I think all of this started when Abhi was reading a recipe in the High Five ( his fav kids magazine). Usually they post a simple pictorial recipe where kids can make mostly or with the little help of adults. and these recipes are with less than 5 ingredients. He is so much interested in this recipe and wanted me make it with the agreement of he will whisk the eggs and does most of the preparation. I am excited along with him, but realized I don't have French Bread or any normal milk bread except Italian Bauguette ( I bought this to make some Bruschetta), so not to disappoint his excitement I have decided to make this French Toast, with Italian Bread. That sounds interesting... But at the end It tasted great... and My son and daughter enjoyed this simple breakfast almost made by them. Enjoy all this simple cooking with your kiddos before the summer last! Go On, Here is the recipe!
|French Toast on Italian Baguette|
Eggs - 3
Italian Baguette - 1 medium size ( or 12 to 15 pieces)
Milk - 1/4 cup
sugar - 2 tsp
salt - 1/4 tsp
vanilla extract - 1 tsp
cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp
Butter - 1 Tbsp
Powdered Sugar - 1 Tbsp ( for garnish)
Maple Syrup or Honey - 1 Tbsp ( for garnish)
* yields - 4 servings
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Add salt, sugar, cinnamon spice, vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add milk now and beat it well so that it mixes with egg properly.
- Now chop the Italian Baguette horizontally 1 inch slices.
- Arrange these bread pieces on a wide platter. Now Pour this egg mixture evenly on all over the bread slices. (make sure that all the bread slices will be coated enough with the egg mixture)
- Now keep this platter in the fridge for 10 to 1 5minutes. So that the egg and spices gets sink into the bread.
- Heat the non-stick pan and add the butter and once it melts spread it all over the pan.
- Now add these egg coated bread slices to the pan and toast them on both sides. Switch off the stove
Pile these French Toast on a breakfast platter and dust with some powdered sugar and pour some maple syrup or honey on top and enjoy the warm breakfast with the side of some fruit.
Happy Cooking, will meet you here with one more recipe..
until then take care