Feb 19, 2014
Cabbage Stir-Fry ( with Ginger Green Chili Paste)
Today I am posting a simple stir-fry made with cabbage that comes from my Mom's Kitchen. So It got to be special and superb. My mom always makes this cabbage stir-fry with Ginger Garlic paste masala it enhances the cabbage flavor by hiding it's wicked smell that comes when it gets cooked. At home, Vj is not a great fan any cruciferous vegetables, but I make this quite often as Kids love this with rice. This goes well with Chapathi or White Rice, that is another reason this happens a lot in my kitchen. This stir-fry is less spicy as we don't use any red chili powder in this recipe, I can roll it in Roti for Lunch Box, mix with rice and ghee for Kids Dinner. I call it Win-Win. ;-) Wink! Here is the recipe, njoy!
Cabbage - 1/2
Onion - 2 Tbsp chopped
Ginger - 1 inch stick
Green Chili - 1
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
salt - 1 tsp
Green peas - 1/2 cup ( Optional)
Red Chili - 1
Chana Dal - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - 5
Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Chop Onions and Cabbage finely and keep it aside.
- Microwave Chopped Cabbage for 3 min. ( Or Pressure Cook it, even Better steam it)
- Thaw Green peas ( if using) in microwave for 1 min.
- Grind Ginger and Green Chili along with cumin seeds in Mortar or Pestal. ( or small jar in mixie).
- Heat Nonstick pan on stove add oil to it. Once the Oil is hot, add red chili, chana dal and urad dal. As you notice the lentils start browning, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions to the tempering in the non-stick pan, saute for 3 min.
- Add steamed cabbage to the pan, mix it along with onions. Close the lid and let the cabbage cook properly on slow heat for 3 min.
- Add salt and green peas stir-fry on high for 2 min, you will notice it is coming together, now add Ginger and Green Chili Paste to the stir-fry and fry it for 3 min.
- Finally top with some cilantro and switch off the stove. Serve with warm chapati or white rice!
Here are some other Everyday Recipes that might interests you!
will be back with another great recipe!
until then take care!