Oct 14, 2015
Mushroom Broccoli Fried Rice ~ Lunchbox Recipes
Today I am bringing another fusion rice recipe made with left over rice, which is perfect for your lunchbox. This time I have added very unusual veggies Broccoli & Mushroom, that makes this rice interesting, healthy and different from your routine fried rice. I have added a boiled egg as topper to include some protein in dish. If you don't like egg, skip that and serve it pack it as it is! Here is the recipe for you, Njoy!
Recipe Idea: Edigble Garden
Left Over Cooked Rice - 2 cups
Broccoli Florets - 1 cup
Mushroom Cutup - 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 medium
Green Chili - 1
Dark Soy sauce - 1 Tbsp
Sriracha Hot Sauce - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Chopper Ginger - 1/2 tsp
Minced Garlic - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Spring Onions - 1 Tbsp ( for garnish, optional)
- Heat wide non-stick pan or wok on the stove, add Oil to it. Once the oil is hot, add chopped onion and green chili and saute them for 2 min.
- Add chopped ginger and minced garlic and give a quick stir. Add dark soy sauce to the pan and mix with oil and onions.
- Add chopped broccoli and mushroom slices to the pan and mix well with onions and seasonings. On medium heat keep on stirring until the vegetables become tender and soft. Now add Sriracha Hot Sauce to the veggie and coat well and cook for 2 min.
- Now add left over cooked rice to the Pan and mix it with all the veggies. On high heat keep on stirring the rice with out touching to the bottom of the pan.
- Now add salt and black pepper to rice and give another quick stir until everything is combined.
- Taste and adjust all the seasonings accordingly, switch off the stove and garnish with Spring Onions or Cilantro. Serve hot immediately, top with boiled egg halves for a complete protein rich meal.
- Do not wash mushrooms under water, wipe the dirt with wet towel and remove the stems and cut mushrooms gently into thin slices.
- Remove stems from Broccoli and wash thoroughly under lukewarm water and separate the florets from stems by hand. That makes the broccoli florets stay intact compare to when you cut them with knife.
- I have used Srirach brand for Hot Sauce, feel free to use any brand. or replace with Hot Garlic Sauce.
- If you want to make it spicy, add crushed red pepper flakes to the oil in step #1.
|Pack in Lunchbox!|
Happy Cooking until then!