Aug 26, 2015
Gongura Chicken Curry
Today I have noticed there is plenty of Gongura in my backyard, and I am bored with Gongura Pachadi and on the mission to try some new variety. I have already prepped chicken to cook this evening, so instantaneously Gongura Chicken comes to my mind. I have heard about Gongura Mutton a lot but not Gongura Chicken. So hesitantly I have tried this version but it was super hit at the dinner table. My Son loved it and when he goes for seconds, hint to Mama that it is super delicious and Mama is so happy and proud! Here is the recipe for you, Njoy!
- Grind Red Chili and Coriander Leaves in a small mixie jar until it becomes into smooth paste ( add some water as need for grinding) and keep it aside.
- Wash Chicken and keep it in pressure cooker. Add Ginger Garlic paste, Red Chili powder, Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala Powder and salt to chicken. Add water to it, close the lid and pressure cook it for 1 whistle and switch off the stove.
- Heat the non-stick pan and add oil to it. once the oil is hot add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. as they start spluttering add curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and green chili to the pan and saute until onions become tender. Add ginger garlic paste and mix it with onions. keep the heat to low and simmer for 2 min.
- Now add gongura leaves to the onions in the pan and mix it well. In 2 min, you notice the leaves are all wilted and changing color.
- Now add the cooked chicken from the pressure cooker to the pan ( along with water) and mix it well with Gongura leaves.
- Add Red Chili and Coriander paste to the chicken and mix well. add salt and mix until it is combined. taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Turn the heat to medium to heat, cook the chicken keep on mixing with Gongura. You will notice the curry comes together and excess water evaporates. Now switch off the stove and transfer the curry to the serving bowl and garnish with some more cilantro, serve hot with white rice.
will be back with another chicken variety,
Happy Cooking until then